Power Outage Safety
Call your electricity provider. When at all possible be sure to use a corded house phone when calling to report your outage and also have your account number, phone number and name available.
Extended Power Outages
- Stay clear of any downed power lines
- Do not open freezers or refrigerators if possible
- Use extreme caution with candles, kerosene and propane for lighting and heating sources
- Take small children, elderly and the handicapped|medically dependent to a working location
- Stock up on non-perishable items such as bottled water, canned food, batteries, flashlights, radio, etc.
- If you are relying on a generator, please advise the power company of your intentions to use and make sure it has been properly installed for our safety and yours
- Medical emergencies: CALL 911